Mitsuhide Qualifies for WCA winning $9,000Posted by Hearthstone 20 August 2016 in
]This week Mitsuhide took home a total of $9,000 and a spot for the WCA offline play-offs in Shanghai.
He receives $7,500 for finishing fist place in the qualifier and is guaranteed $1,625 for participating in the main event.
Ironically enough he won the whole online qualifier, competing from Shanghai where he was visiting relatives.
Let’s take a look at his run & his decklists.
After winning the online open qualifier event with over 400 players participating, Mitsuhide managed to place himself for the European WCA play-off.
The WCA Tournament consists of two stages:
- Stage 1: Group Stages, 4 groups containing 4 players, with only two players per group making it to the playoffs.
- Stage 2: Playoffs: 8 players battle it out for a 15,000 prizepool and 4 tickets to the main WCA event in Shanghai.
Stage 1: Group Stages
Mitsuhide was placed in “Group B”, where he had to face off against Naiman, Spawn and Lekariy.
- He dropped the first series against Naiman 0-2
- Was then placed in Loser Bracket
- Eliminated Spawn in Loser Bracket
- Eliminated Naiman in Loser Bracket
- Was now placed for Stage 2
Stage 2: Playoffs
Making it into the playoffs means you are only one game away from qualifying for the offline event in Shanghai.
- Mitsuhide first 3-0’s the “Neverlucky” Forsen
- He had hereby secured a ticket to Shanghai
- Went 3-0 against Faeli
- Then faced crowd favorite “Silvername” in the finals
- The series ended 3-1
- Mitsuhide secured himself $7,500 and a ticket to Shanghai